POSITION TITLE: Director, Communications & Member Relations
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
- Provides vision, leadership and management of all communication initiatives to enhance the Foundation’s image, visibility and impact.
- Leads the development and implementation of external and internal communication plans and strategies.
- Leads, contributes to and supervises the delivery of a broad range of communications services and activities including
- communications to members
- product releases and backgrounders
- media relations
- speech writing
- video production
- web-site design and content, etc.
- Creates and oversees a strategy for optimizing the use of social media, including Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Leads the organization, promotion and delivery of special events and conferences hosted by the Foundation
- Oversees consistent application of the Foundation’s brand strategy
- Compiles, coordinates, and edits the Foundation’s annual report.
- Supports the Foundation’s fundraising and marketing activities and develops and maintains relationships with Foundation members.
- Maintains liaison with relevant international and Canadian organizations.
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, public relations, journalism or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience (5 – 10 years) in leading and managing communications, including but not limited to the responsibilities described above.
- Strong collaborative, project management, and leadership skills.
- Dynamic communications and presentation skills. Expertise in developing and delivering adult-learning and education would be an asset.
- The Director must be able to organize and manage a workload with multiple, competing and changing priorities, and meet tight deadlines.
- Possession of a strong network of individuals and institutions in Canada and preferably internationally.
- The position is based in Ottawa and may require international and domestic travel.
- Candidate must be fluently bilingual.
Salary for this position ranges from $100,000 to $110,000, commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates are invited to send a detailed resume and cover letter by end of day July 4th, 2019 to the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION:
The Canadian Audit and Accountability Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting and strengthening public sector performance audit, oversight, and accountability in Canada and abroad through research, education, and knowledge sharing.
Since 1980, we have delivered programs and services in Canada and abroad designed to improve transparency, effectiveness, accountability, and governance in government’s management of public resources and delivery of services for its citizens, women, men, girls and boys.