September 29 – October 2, 2020 | 1:00 – 3:30 pm EDT
Space is Limited – Register Now!
before July 31: $699
after July 31: $749
before July 31: $899
after July 31: $949
Are you new to performance auditing or internal auditing? Join us for this interactive virtual classroom course where you will learn the essentials of performance auditing:
- what it is and how it is used;
- stakeholders and relationships;
- developing an audit objective, scope, and criteria;
- collecting and analyzing evidence; and
- documenting audit work.
Canadian Audit and Accountability Foundation Associate
Vice-President, Professional Development
Participants will connect online through the course platform, Adobe Connect. They will view the instructors as well as the presentation live on screen and have access to the chat and question features. The course includes a mix of instructor-led content, interactive exercises and break-out sessions.
Sessions will take place each day from 1:00 – 3:30 pm EDT.
Day One | September 29
- Definition of performance audit, and its role in the system of accountability
- The 3 Es (Efficiency, Effectiveness, Economy) – and other key Es
- Stakeholders, relationships and entity relations
- Importance of being objective, fair and balanced
Day Two | September 30
- Key principles of audit scoping
- Components of a performance audit plan
- Role and qualities of an audit objective
- How to identify audit criteria and formulate audit questions and audit programs
Day Three | October 1
- Sufficient appropriate evidence and the need for relevance, validity and reliability
- Evidence types
- Key steps in evidence collection and analysis
Day Four | October 2
- Documentation and working papers
- Characteristics and components of a good report
- Building in audit quality
Course hours can be submitted for CPE or CPD credits, subject to approval by IIA or CPA Canada.
Cancellation and Other Policies
- Course fees must be paid before the beginning of the course
- Cancellation 7 days before 1st day of course – 50% fee will be charged
- No refunds if cancellation made less than 7 days before course begins
- Participant substitutions will be permitted for $100 + tax