Our International Governance, Accountability and Performance Program (2018-2025) is working with four countries: Guyana, Rwanda, Senegal and Vietnam. We selected these countries with the program funder, Global Affairs Canada, on the basis of Global Affairs Canada’s priorities and our collective knowledge and experience in these countries and regions.
The supreme audit institutions (SAIs) of these four countries all share the overarching goals of enhancing their performance audit practice and improving their working relationships with oversight committees and other stakeholders for the benefit of their citizens. Within this context, each SAI has identified specific objectives:
- Establish a dedicated performance audit team and a regular audit cycle, in order to produce more and higher impact performance audits.
- Support the Public Accounts Committee in its role to review and act on performance audit recommendations.
The Office of the Auditor General of Rwanda
- Increase the thoroughness of its performance audit practice, for instance by incorporating root cause analysis, and strengthen leadership and management practices.
- Support the Public Accounts Committee’s continuous improvement.
La Cour des Comptes du Sénégal
- Enhance performance auditing skills and expand performance audit across multiple chambers of the SAI.
- Build a relationship with the National Assembly regarding performance audits.
The State Audit Office of Vietnam
- Further grow its performance audit practice—building on the results of our partnership that began in 2008—by implementing a performance audit strategy and developing and delivering internal training.
- Support the National Assembly to review and act on performance audits.
- Resources in Vietnamese:
Our previous program, the International Legislative Oversight Program (2012-2017), worked with Cameroon, Ghana, Tanzania, and Vietnam. Read about that program’s activities and results in these country reports.
In total, 54 countries have participated in our international development program since its establishment in 1980. Learn more about our Program History.