Are you in charge of managing audit projects, but struggling to deliver quality audits on time and on budget?
This course will teach you the essentials of project management in a performance audit context, including:
- Understanding the relationship between good project management and a successful audit
- Applying the basic knowledge and skills across audit phases to translate resources into a high quality, on time and on budget audit
- Collecting tips, tricks, and tools to better manage future audit projects.
Who Should Participate?
This course is intended for performance auditors who perform project management functions.
This 3-day course includes a mix of instructor-led content, interactive exercises and break-out sessions. Students will view the instructors as well as the presentation live on screen.
Day 1 | 5.5 hours
- Project Management in a Performance Audit Context
- Budgeting and Scheduling
Day 2 | 5.5 hours
- Budgeting and Scheduling (cont'd)
- Scope of the Audit
- Managing Relationships - Your Team
Day 3 | 5.5 hours
- Managing Relationships - Auditee, Senior Audit Management
- Project Monitoring and Control Documentation and Reporting
- Project Close-Out
This course will require up to 3 hours of individual work outside course hours.
Note: The course outline above is provided as a guide. Number of hours include teaching time and breaks.
Note: Prices are per person for virtual courses only. Price for in-person courses can be provided upon request.
“This was the best facilitated course I've done in the long time. So well organised and the presenters treated everyone and everything with good humour. I felt it was OK to raise issues and get things wrong.”
“I really valued how practical the course was - you blended project management with auditing extremely well. I am confident that our staff benefited from this course and will use the concepts immediately...”
“The most valuable thing I learned was really understanding the differences between my auditor hat and project management hat. I often didn't realize that all of these things that come up (disruptive behaviours, managing stakeholder expectations, issues with scheduling) were normal and there are tools available to help manage what sometimes cause me quite a bit of stress!”
To request a dedicated offering for your office, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course hours can be submitted for CPE or CPD credits, subject to approval by IIA, CPA Canada, or other professional associations.