This part of the Practice Guide provides guidance that will help auditors to plan and conduct audits of mining revenues or audits of financial assurances for site remediation. For each of these two topics, the Guide provides:
- Examples of questions that will help auditors to determine their audit focus;
- Examples of questions that will help auditors to acquire knowledge of business and to identify risks that may be selected as significant audit areas;
- Examples of audit objectives and audit criteria;
- Information on evidence sources that auditors will rely on during the audit examination phase; and
- Information on some of the challenges that auditors may face during audits of the mining sector.
The part of the Practice Guide also includes a short section on the Reporting Phase of the audit process. This section provides guidance on setting the context of the audit and on drafting recommendations.